The protection of personal data is a matter of special concern to VERMAY GmbH & Co. KG (“VERMAY”). For this reason VERMAY only conducts its activities in compliance with the applicable laws on the protection of personal data and data security. The policy outlined below will help you understand what information VERMAY may collect, how VERMAY uses such information and with whom VERMAY may possibly share it.
1. Personal data
Through the VERMAY websites VERMAY shall collect no personal data (e.g. names, addresses, telephone numbers or e-mail addresses) unless you voluntarily choose to provide such data to us (e.g. by filling in contact forms, registrations, surveys) or have given your consent to its collection, or the applicable laws on the protection of your data permit such action.
When you do provide VERMAY with personal data, VERMAY shall usually use such data to respond to your inquiries, process your orders or give you access to specific information or offers. In order to better support customer relations, it may be necessary
- that VERMAY saves and processes your personal data and shares such data with the worldwide VERMAY subsidiaries to better understand your business needs or to improve VERMAY products and services; or
- that VERMAY (or a third party on behalf of VERMAY) uses such personal data to contact you regarding future VERMAY offers that are useful for your business, or to conduct online surveys to better understand VERMAY customers’ business and requirements.
Of course VERMAY will respect your decision if you choose not to allow VERMAY to use your personal data to support customer relations (particularly for direct marketing or market research purposes). VERMAY shall not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties, except to companies belonging to the VERMAY group.
3. Use for a specific purpose
VERMAY shall only collect, process and use the personal data supplied by you online for the purposes communicated to you, unless collection, processing or use
- are for another purpose which is directly associated with the original purpose for which the personal data were collected;
- are required in order to prepare, negotiate and fulfil a contract with you;
- are necessary due to a legal obligation or an official or judicial order;
- are necessary in order to justify or protect legal claims or ward off lawsuits;
- serve to prevent abuse or other unlawful activities, e.g. intentional attacks on the VERMAY systems, with the aim of ensuring data security.
4. Communication or utilisation-related information
If you access the VERMAY websites using telecommunication services, communication-related information (e.g. internet protocol address) or utilisation-related information (e.g. information on the start and duration of utilisation as well as the telecommunications services used by you) will automatically be generated by technical means. This information may allow inferences to personal data. If collection, processing and use of your communication or utilisation-related information are absolutely necessary, they will be subject to statutory data protection regulations.
5. Automatically collected non-personal data
When you access the VERMAY websites, information that is not attributable to a specific person (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed) may from time to time be collected automatically (i.e. not by registration). VERMAY and its worldwide subsidiaries use this information to measure the attractiveness of the VERMAY websites and improve their performance and content.
6. “Cookies” – information that is automatically stored on your computer
When you visit a VERMAY website, VERMAY may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognise you the next time you visit. For example, cookies can help VERMAY tailor a website to better match your interests or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you do not want VERMAY to recognise your computer, please adjust the settings of your Internet browser to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
VERMAY shall take technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your personal data against unintentional or unlawful deletion, modifications or loss, as well as against unauthorised disclosure or access.
8. Links to other websites
The VERMAY websites contain links to other websites. VERMAY is not responsible for the data protection policies or the content of these other websites.
9. Web analysis
In order to constantly improve and optimise our services, we use so-called tracking technologies. To this end, we use the services of Google Analytics.
10. Questions and comments
In the course of the Internet’s further development VERMAY shall also constantly adapt its data protection policy. VERMAY shall notify you of any changes on this page in good time. Therefore, you should regularly view this page to be informed about the current status of the data protection policy.